Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Update - January 24, 2013
Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.
"Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event's historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families," said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. "In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.
"It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year's show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.
"ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates."
2013 EASTERN SPORTS and OUTDOOR SHOW REFUND PROCESS
IF YOU PURCHASED A PRINTED TICKET AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Cabelas located at 100 Cabela Drive, Hamburg, PA 19526
- Sportsmans Liquidation (at any one of the following locations):
- Chambersburg Outlet Store, 1605 Orchard Drive, Chambersburg, PA 17201
- Carlisle Outlet Store, 252 Westminister Drive, Carlisle, PA 17013
- State College Outlet Store, 317 Benner Pike, State College, PA 16801
- Pottstown Outlet Store, 16 Glocker Way, Pottstown, PA 19465
- Winchester Outlet Store, 185 Kernstown Commons Blvd., Winchester, VA 22602
- Go to the customer service desk of the exact same official authorized retailer ticket outlet store location (Cabela's Hamburg retail location or Sportsman Liquidation retail location - limited to the list above) where you made your purchase, no later than June 1, 2013.
- The retailer will match serial number(s) of ticket(s) to those of tickets it sold and, once the retailer confirms there is a match, refund to you, during your store visit, the full purchase price of your ticket(s) in the same manner purchased (i.e. by cash or credit card).
- Note: once a reimbursement has been made based on serial ticket number match, no further refunds will be made against that number.
IF YOU PURCHASED A 2013 ADMISSION TICKET AT THE 2013 OFFICIAL EASTERN SPORTS and OUTDOOR SHOW WEB SITE AT: www.easternsportshow.com
An e-mail has been sent to each e-mail address that was listed as purchasing a 2013 admission ticket to the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show detailing the refund process. No action will be required by the ticket purchaser.
We will refund all 2013 fees paid to Reed Exhibitions to exhibit or advertise at the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show by an exhibitor contracted to exhibit or advertise at the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. An e-mail detailing this process has been sent to all 2013 Exhibitors that were contracted. The process will require no additional action by the Exhibitor.